Put your skills to work at the agency that administers NYC’s landmark campaign finance program. A wide variety of positions may be available. Check back frequently for new opportunities!
Career opportunities currently available at the NYC Campaign Finance Board are described in detail below. New York City residency is required for most positions. We offer a dynamic work environment, training, growth potential, and excellent benefits. Full-time positions offer a competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. If you would like to be considered for one of these opportunities, please email, fax, or mail your resume and cover letter to:
Director of Human Resources
NYC Campaign Finance Board
100 Church Street,12th Floor
New York, New York 10007
Fax #: (212) 409-1705
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact us at (212) 409-1800.
$46,000 - $53,000
The NYC Campaign Finance Board (CFB), a nonpartisan, independent agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections, seeks an Auditor for its Auditing and Accounting Unit. We offer a dynamic work environment, training, growth potential, and excellent benefits.
- Analyze financial records and disclosure statements for financial, compliance and investigative audits of political campaigns. Overtime will be required to complete work as needed.
- Perform audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) and following internally developed specialized programs.
- Manage assigned audit caseload in team structure.
- Provide assistance in planning activities of the audit team during the post-election period and coordinating the team’s activities with other CFB units.
- Prepare written reports and correspondence that are clear, concise, accurate and timely.
- Communicate with campaigns in a professional manner and assist in providing guidance to campaigns on various audit and compliance issues.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player capable of meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- A strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail.
- Background or interest in politics and government.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and three years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial administration, accounting, compliance or investigative auditing, fraud reviews, working with a large public or private concern in budget administration, economics, finance, fiscal or economic research, fiscal management, personnel or public administration, program evaluation; or a related area; OR a satisfactory combination of education and experience in the areas described above.
- New York City residency must be obtained within 90 days of starting the position.
- Previous experience in performing audits in accordance with Generally Accepted (Government) Auditing Standards strongly preferred.
- A master’s degree is not required but will be a plus.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
Send a brief writing sample with your cover letter to the address above.
Candidate Services Liaison
$45,000 - $50,000
The NYC Campaign Finance Board (CFB), a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections, seeks a Candidate Services Liaison. We offer a team-oriented work environment, professional development opportunities, growth potential, and excellent benefits.
- Serve as a primary liaison between the CFB and candidates running for New York City office.
- Monitor and assist campaigns in preparing campaign finance disclosure reports.
- Provide one-on-one guidance on matters of compliance with campaign finance regulations.
- Assist candidates in the process of qualifying for public matching funds.
- Prepare training and guidance materials on recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
- Conduct trainings for candidates, treasurers, campaign staff and the general public.
- Teach and provide technical support for the Candidate Software for Managing and Reporting Transactions (C-SMART).
- Test updates to C-SMART and other CFB systems applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Public speaking experience and ability to deliver effective presentations.
- Customer-focused approach to answering questions and solving problems.
- Strong computer and internet skills with a willingness to learn new software.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years’ work or equivalent internship experience.
- Previous experience working on political campaigns or in a customer-focused environment preferred.
- Background or interest in politics and government.
- Proficiency in MS Office; familiarity with video editing or e-learning software a plus.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
- New York City residency must be obtained within 90 days of starting the position.
Social Media Manager
$57,000 - $65,000
The New York City Campaign Finance Board (CFB) seeks a Social Media Manager with experience creating compelling advocacy communications to increase the reach of its NYC Votes campaign. The CFB administers the city’s landmark campaign finance program and the NYC Votes voter engagement and education programs, including the official NYC Voter Guide, the citywide Debates program, and voter registration programs.
The Social Media Manager will manage the agency’s social media platforms to reach and engage its target audience. The manager will be in charge of developing and executing short- and long-term digital communications plans to help New Yorkers engage with and participate in city elections and civic life. Responsibilities will include collaborating with colleagues to develop creative and engaging social content; serving as a community manager; and, planning and executing advertising campaigns and other initiatives.
The Social Media Manager will take a lead role in the planning, production, execution and implementation of all media outreach initiatives including but not limited to websites, graphic materials, and social media. This position will report to the Director of Public Relations and work closely with all members of the CFB’s Public Relations, Communications, Voter Assistance, and Public Affairs teams.
- With the Director of Public Relations and other team members, create organic social media and digital content that is engaging, timely, accurate to promote voter participation and NYC Votes programs and initiatives;
- Develop and execute communications projects including surveys, graphics, photo essays, and blog posts;
- Manage the agency’s NYC Votes social media channels, including monitoring own and other accounts to spark and encourage community and conversation and respond to questions and comments from the public;
- Coordinate content for the CFB’s Twitter account, including regular disclosure projects;
- Coordinate with PR team to select and feature relevant news articles about the agency’s work;
- Plan and execute paid digital and social media campaigns;
- Plan and execute strategy to promote live public events on website and social media;
- Plan and execute social media influencer outreach strategies;
- Manage social media metrics reports and track web properties growth;
- Coordinate with the Director of Public Relations, the Web Content Manager, and other PR staff to identify, research, and develop proposals for incorporating emergent digital tools into the NYC Votes digital communications plans.
- Demonstrated experience with digital engagement and marketing tools.
- Demonstrated experience with multiplatform digital content creation.
- A strong writer comfortable translating complex material into accessible digital communications.
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and within a team.
- A strong commitment to civic engagement and politics.
- Working knowledge of photography and visual design
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other design tools.
- Working knowledge of HTML and Content Management Systems.
- Working knowledge with video production and editing.
- Proficiency in languages other than English desired.
- At least two years of experience in digital communications content development or social media community management work related to the duties described above;
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms;
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college.
.NET Developer (Seasonal - 18 months)
The New York City Campaign Finance Board seeks an experienced full stack .NET Web Developer. We offer a dynamic work environment, training, growth potential, and excellent benefits.
Under general supervision, with broad scope for the exercise of independent initiative and judgment, this developer is responsible for the system analysis, technical design, development, testing, enhancement, and maintenance of various applications that support the Agency’s business functions. The selected candidate will be required to perform tasks related to the development of software applications and data transformation activities for the Agency.
- Responsible for full software development life cycle, including user interface design, database development, back-end architecture, deployment and maintenance of the defined solution based on business and functional requirements
- Design, write, unit test, and document application code to successfully deliver secure, robust, transactional and service oriented architectures.
- Understand the Agency’s strategic initiatives and develop technology solutions that deliver the required business value
- Understand complex business processes/applications with intent to re-write/enhance using current tools/technology.
- Provide supporting documentation for all phases of development/implementation.
- Develop technical specifications, including data flow diagrams
- Maintain data security and internal controls of environment to adequately protect Agency assets and records
- Strong demonstrable experience in systems architecture and N-tier application development using Microsoft’s web technology stack (ASP.NET MVC, C#, IIS6/7/8, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, SOAP/REST Web Services including Web API and WCF, Http Handlers, Http Modules).
- Experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD) patterns.
- Ability to build/create/maintain application databases utilizing MS SQL Server (2008 and above), including SSIS, TSQL, stored procedures, functions & performance tuning.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, recognize and react to changing business needs and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and in conjunction with team members and business units. Enthusiasm and flexibility to work on a variety of projects are necessary, as well as the ability to rapidly acquire new domain familiarity.
- Ability to meet deadlines, identify issues and resolve with minimal direction.
- Ability to analyze, document and validate software requirements.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle Methodology (SDLC) and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience reverse engineering legacy monolithic client-server applications and reengineering and rewriting in segments in a loosely coupled service oriented architecture.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 4+ years of development experience.
- 1 – 2 years of experience with ASP.NET MVC Core 2 or 1
- 2 - 3 years of experience with ASP.NET MVC 4
- 3 - 4 years of experience with C#, .NET, Visual Studio, ASP.NET, IIS.
- 4 + years of experience with MS SQL Server, T-SQL, Tables, Stored Procedures, Views.
- 2+ years of Entity Framework (EF) experience with some experience in EF Core.
- 2+ years of Web Services/Web API Core or 2/WCF experience.
- 1 - 2 years of experience in designing rich dynamic web applications using HTML5 features along with Responsive Design using CSS3
- Umbraco CMS
- Creating micro services using .NET Core.
- ReactJS or ReactJS.NET
- Vue JS
- Microsoft Azure
- Basic graphics editing using Photoshop.
- General understanding of good UI/UX design principals.
- Agile Scrum development methodology
- Knowledge of performance tuning, security, scalability
- Proficiency in writing unit tests and using unit testing frameworks
- Experience with Dependency Injection frameworks (built-in .NET Core, Ninject, Unity)
- Experience with VSTS or Team Foundation Server (TFS) or comparable Source Control tools including GIT
- Experience with Bootstrap templates
- Experience with Story Boarding tools such as Balsamiq or PowerPoint Story Boarding.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Seasonal 18 Months)
Salary Range: $60,000 - $65,000
The New York City Campaign Finance Board seeks an experienced Software Quality Assurance Analyst. We offer a dynamic work environment, training, growth potential, and excellent benefits.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of validated deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document, maintain, execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to the assigned project team members, Senior BSA and Manager of Software Development
- Perform backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment
- Conduct exploratory testing to evaluate robustness and functionality of products.
- Work with IT management to design, develop, and implement automated testing solutions
- Assist with the development of e-learning and training materials
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines and work well under pressure
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) – to ensure ability to write test plans and test cases. To communicate bugs to developers and other stakeholders
- Creative solving of technical problems – to ensure the ability to translate technical requirements to test plans
- Business process understanding
- B.S. or B.A. in computer science, management information systems, or a related discipline
- At least 1-2 years of relevant QA technical experience
- Knowledge of T-SQL, Windows OS, MS Visio and automated testing tools (preferably Selenium)
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and Agile methodologies are a plus
- Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments including designing, manipulating and validating test data
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
- Proven ability to liaise with development, project management, and customer support